Beets are a great addition to your regular diet, not only because of their fiber and minerals (especially magnesium and potassium), but also for their unique combination of antioxidants. They are one of just a few foods that contain an antioxidant known as betalains which help metabolize toxins and flush them out of the body. Beets also contain high doses of folate, essential for cell regeneration. Pair them with rosemary for an antiviral effect, and with apple cider vinegar for sustaining the good bacteria in your colon.Print
4 medium beets, peeled and cut into thin slices (use a mandolin)
A pinch sea salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 rosemary spring, finely chopped
2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the beet slices.
- Drizzle with coconut oil, add the vinegar and salt, and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip over and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the chopped rosemary and set aside to cool, then serve.