Lovely colored and deliciously flavored, this snack contains loads of fiber to keep you satiated until dinner. The dietary fiber of chickpeas stimulates the digestive system, helping to reduce the amount of time food stays in your system. These humble little legumes also contain impressive quantities of protein and essential minerals like magnesium, making them a great food to include in your daily diet. Pair them with the anti-inflammatory power of turmeric and the anti-bacterial properties of rosemary to create a delicious and satisfying snack.Print
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ginger root powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped
- A pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the drained chickpeas.
- Add the spices, rosemary and salt, drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until golden, remove from the oven and set aside to cool before serving.