A good detox diet aims to provide the right level of antioxidants for our bodies, and sweet potatoes are some of the best allies. These orange-fleshed wonders are among the richest foods in beta-carotene and make a great ingredient for detox meals and snacks. Sweet potatoes are also loaded with fiber to help cleanse the digestion, potassium for a balanced nutrient-exchange at the cellular level, and copper for an energy boost in the afternoon. Their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties contribute to reducing the risk of chronic diseases like cancer. These spicy chips are very easy to make, stimulate digestion, give you an energy boost, and nurture your cells with detoxifying nutrients.Print
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
2 tsp coconut oil
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp turmeric
A pinch sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the sweet potato slices.
- Drizzle with coconut oil, add the spices and salt, and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip over and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the chopped mint leaves and set aside to cool, then serve.