Forget everything you’ve heard about fat-free diets: a good dose of daily monounsaturated fats not only nourishes your body, but also regulates cholesterol levels and nurtures your liver. And when it comes to healthy fat, the avocado is definitely a superstar. Its creamy texture gives it versatility so you can use it in many healthy dishes. Combine avocado with another source of healthy fat, tahini, for an extra dose of calcium and protein. The Egyptian dukkah herbs, nuts, and spice blend not only gives texture to your avocado toast, but also flavors it up and stimulates digestion.Print
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tsp tahini (raw sesame butter)
- 2 tsp dukkah spice blend (hazelnuts, sesame, cumin and coriander seeds, mint)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 gluten-free toasts, to assemble
- Drizzle the tahini onto the toasts, then top with avocado slices.
- Garnish with dukkah and drizzle with olive oil before serving.